Thursday, February 11, 2010

My hutch is coming to life

The guy I bought my hutch from was worried about the glass being splintered in the middle door. Glass doors? In my house... I don't think so. Those doors were comin' off anyway.



Here she is in all her Behr "Raffia Cream" glory. Ask Rebecca and she'll tell you, Raffia Cream is always the perfect color.


And this pic didn't turn out so good this evening, but that's eggplant in there. Do you love it? I do! It's the one piece of furniture that can carry it off. 10 more coats of purple and some knobs and I will finally be the owner of my very first hutch. (I've been looking for 2 years).


4 comments:

Laura said...

I looks lovely, I am sure it looks better in real life, you are right, the picture is horrid. So the kids kitchen got booted for mom's new hutch!!! =D

Home Depot is having a paint sale for President's day. All Glidden paint $14/gallon. I think I am going to buy paint for my kitchen cabinets but i can't decide between cream or chocolate???

Silva Family said...

I LOVE the purple idea too, can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Yummy. Funk photo, fabulous paint.

Millers! said...

super cool!