Thursday, February 04, 2010

Kennedy shoots a gun

What?! This is how Justin entertained the kids while I was tackling that closet the other day. He took our 5 year old out shooting.


No, I'm not kidding. And that's no airsoft gun, it's a 22 (whatever that means). I'm living a whole different reality than the one I was raised in. Where I come from we weren't allowed to own water guns!!! Not a single gun in the house when I was growing up and now my husband takes the kids out shooting before they start kindergarten! Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind. A girl that cute better know how to use a gun.


Don't worry mom, it was totally safe. That blue cord thing hangin' around her neck, those are ear plugs and she had her special glasses on. Apparently she was really good too. Wasn't scared at all.

6 comments:

Bob & Khristie said...

It's better she start now 'cuz she may not want to when she's older. Bob's always trying to get me to learn how to shoot. I tried his Glock once but I didn't like it. It had a lot of kick & my ears were ringing for 20 minutes.

At this rate Kennedy will probably get a deer/elk/bear/cougar/wolf before Bob! All he gets is fish! =)

Unknown said...

David wants to take my girls. They should have like a "daddy daughter shooting double date" or something.

Silva Family said...

Awesome, I love guns!! Wish I could have gone :)

Millers! said...

Look at her go... I grew up hunting, I dont love guns, but with my boys, they are NOT allowed in the house.. I dont care if they are not loaded... my mom always had a gun in her closet. LOL

Angie said...

Wait to go McKenzie...that's funny!

Karrie said...

Catching up-
The three older of my kids have shot- we think it's better to have the fear in them and not the mystery, since guns will be a part of our household forever.
The hutch project is awesome! I love that you took out the glass and were able to sneak in a purple color. I like purple, but not in a "paint my walls" like Barney kind of way. This is a perfect way to get some color in! (I'll be thinking of this when our house gets done and I get to decorate the kids' rooms.)