Saturday, September 20, 2008

Out With the Yuck!

In case you didn't know, we bought a bank owned home and moved in almost 2 months ago. It's a little tricky trying to get everything done AND be parents at the same time, which is why we're so thankful for family and friends helping! We've had TONS of help! Today Bruce and Kathy (in-laws) were here specifically to help tile the countertops. Well it took longer than Bruce had anticipated, and we're not done grouting and installing faucets. The cabinets will eventually be painted cream (possible with a glazish thing on top of that) and I'm not done with the dark brown walls, but check it out! I LOVE it!



As you can see, we're cheap skates. We got a bid for granite @ about $1800 installed... not bad, but you're still looking at buying a sink and faucet in addition. Just so ya know we got EVERYTHING (cast iron sink and faucet included) for well BELOW 1/2 that! YAY!

4 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

BEA-U-TI-FUL!!! I think it looks fantastic! Maybe if I had help I could get things (almost) done in one day. I've never done a countertop though, so I haven't ever had to deal with bullnose tile...I LOVE IT!! And you got to bash stuff - that's the best part.

The Pollock Family said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it!!

3girlsmom said...

how fun for you guys! home improvements are great aren't they?

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

You are awsome. Everything looks so good. I am so excited for you too put all of the fun touches on your house. Keep having a blast. :) Bonnie