Monday, September 15, 2008

One Down!

Can you believe these are done?! Lucky you, you can't see them to close:) I am a HORRIBLE painter when it comes to furniture. Not even joking and Justin would second that if he had the chance.



The curtains are sheer lavender. I found some amazing silky pink ones, but wanted purple AND I can't have dry clean only in the girls room:) Or anywhere else in the house for that matter.



Painted the dresser too, but kept the pulls. This dresser is not worth the $30 for the pulls I want. We'll just buy a new dresser soon and some ribon for the mirror. But what's a room without "Sponge Bob" on the switch? I mean come on! He came free with the house.

7 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I think it looks great - who cares if it's messy?

"It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

I think that mirror would look way cute as the center of a big hot pink daisy...

kelly said...

I love the dresser and the pulls, it looks like the one I did in Peyton's room. The bed looks cute too.

jennifer said...

i am diggin' your color scheme. the white pops so nicely against the lavender. good job. good job.

Silva Family said...

I totally agree with Rebecca. I had hot pink daisies in my wedding bouquet, my absolute fave (forget roses on Valentine's day, I want daisies!). That room looks awesome, you did a wonderful job. Hopefully it will stay white, and not turn into a Crayon creation.

Bob & Khristie said...

I'm so glad you didn't go for the cheap-o free futon/couch on the bottom bunk beds. Love the lavender!
I wish I could stop by when I go to Vegas & see the rest of your house. But, like I said I'll try & win big to get you a plane ticket. =)

The Pollock Family said...

It looks so good. Purple is way classy. PInk is so typical little girl. You did a great job. So when are you coming to my house? We have some projects here too!

Millers! said...

Fabulous! I love it... I wasnt quite sure what to think of the Purple when you were telling me about it..but I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously...The boys would love their room... because of Spongebob!