Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Open for Business

Not only did I find the perfect sized bookshelf on craigslist today, but on the way home from picking it up I went to our new Tai Pan!!! So far the only store outside Utah and it was PACKED. $60 later I thought I did pretty good seeing that I stuck to my list of serving platters, but I wanted to spend more like $6,000. Come on Christmas all over the store? I wanted every Christmas tree they had (I'm guessing at least 75 of them) AND I "needed" all the ornaments to go with them. What made the trip even better, yes I'm know you're wondering how does it get better, my friend Liz was watching the kids! What a day. Thanks Liz!!! Thanks Tai Pan and thanks craigslist.

3 comments:

3girlsmom said...

too funny about the jw that came to your house. i actually had one tract us out while i was on my mission!!!! it was our pday so we weren't in our whites and he wanted me to take their publication but i told him he had to take a bom if i took his pamphlet. he took it! too funny!

i want to see the bookshelf! i have been trying to find some forever! what an entire wall of bookshelves? is that too much to ask for? with cabinet doors on the bottom ones? i did find them in the ikea catalogue but they are like $700! time to save!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Pure bliss...I'm pretty sure that is what heaven will be like...no Tai Pan here, but we do have Garden Ridge, which isn't too shabby...

The Earl Family said...

Wait...does this mean you're not going to Tai Pan tomorrow? Cause I already told Joel I was going to meet you there after I got off work! Dang it! Oh well, I'll have to go with Joel, and he'll probably love it as much as I will!