Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Get out of the heat!

Our children were ALL farmed out this past weekend with the agreement that I would pick them up on Tuesday. Well I got a wild hair and joined them at the beach. Yes I missed them, but why stay in 115* when you can vacation at 72*? Sunday night I joined my MIL @ her "Beach House" (time share) in Ventura and upon stepping out of the car I asked myself, as I always ask myself, "why don't we live here?"

While in Ventura we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo, shopping at the Camarillo Outlets, played on the beach AND... ate dinner at Snapper Jack's! Snapper Jack's has THE TASTIEST surf-mexican food! I always get a chicken chimichanga, although I enjoy the fajita burrito and pretty much any thing else on the menu. Anyone planning a trip near Ventura you must stop by!

5 comments:

caalaina said...

What a great vacation. Great family. This blogging thing is lots of fun. Keep the stuff coming.

Alaina

Underwood's in Cali said...

are Jordan and Heidi in ventura now? you could always come back to Vtown for some graetr fun. btw, when are you coming this way? I think your dad really wants you to visit and have us hang out there too :)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! When are WE going to get together? Come play in San Diego next time. :)

Williams Family Dirt said...

That is a fun little zoo! I want to take a beach trip soon, but gas is so expensive!

Dan and Janay said...

Fun in the cool CA sun! Even Nor CAl is too hot for me. sounds like a great trip.
janay