Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Calzones!

We LOVE Italian food! I ate pizza almost everyday of MacKenzie's pre-birth. So I have this amazing pizza dough recipe, (it's works in California Rebecca) that has turned out every time so far. A few weeks ago Justin and I decided to make calzones with it... SO GOOD!!! Notice the 3 !!! I made them again last night and was in heaven after 2 previous nights of disgusting home made mac & cheese, and even worse pasta salad. Yay for comfort food that turns out fantastic!



Here's the recipe:
2 cups hot water from tap
1 TB dry active yeast
2 TB brown sugar (to me that means 4-5 TB brown sugar)
mix it
4-5 or even 6 cups flour
1 tsp salt
mix it, let rise one hour

I know you're thinking "1 HOUR!!!" In that time you can clean the kitchen, change a diaper or 2, threaten your wild children who are really not listening now that it's the end of the day, get your pizza topping and sauce ready. It goes by fast.

Spray your not pizza stone:) make your calzone. Baste the top with olive oil and bake 425* for 12-15 minutes. SOOO good. Tell me how it was if you actually try this.

7 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'll be trying it...the recipe I have now turns out a different texture every time. Sometimes great, and sometimes "Mom, can I have cereal for dinner instead?"

Millers! said...

ohhh Doug LOVES calzones... I should try it... although I am retarded and have no idea what to stuff in them... please do tell! thanks mucho!

Pamela said...

That sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

The Gage Cage said...

That recipe sounds yummy! I love brown sugar! I'll be trying that one for sure!!!!

Did you get some keys to your new house? I hope so!

3girlsmom said...

hey chica! how fun to "see" all of you again. i was telling my girls how i used to come and visit you all during the summer when we were all like their age! weird!! i know i know pics of me. i need to get out from behind the camera more often. the problem is that i still do film. as soon as i sell these pups (you know you need another to keep the one you have company!) then i will invest in a really good digital. it's couldn't give up the slr quality for a point and shoot (even if it is digital). so we use sarah's for blog stuff. take care!

The Gage Cage said...

Tried the recipe. LOVED it!

Tiffany said...

Hey look what I found after checking out Mariah's blog, a link to yours. :) How fun! Notice our blogs have the same template, it's funny how much we really do have in common.
MMM...sounds good. I'll deffintly have to try it. My pizza reciepie isn't quite as simple, and tastes OK so I've been looking for a good one.