Monday, June 02, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

Kennedy is my 3 year old. She has such personality and insight into life and the world we live in. And where we live, it's WINDY! There might be 1 or 2 days a week when it's not windy. Windy to us is not a breeze, it is more like "make sure your trees are trimed regualrly or they'll knock your house over and smash your car!"

Today as we got in the car it was windy. As I was running in and out of the house I heard Kennedy yelling from inside the car, "Stop it wind! Go away!" She yelled with such faith I was sure it would stop.

We are off to Taft tonight and I told her when it was dark we were going to drive to Grandma Kathy's house. So all day long she has been saying, "Sun, go to sleep! It's time for you to go to sleep! I need it to be dark!"

The other day we were eating dinner and for some reason we were talking about death. I asked her if we would ever die. She said no. The discussion then turned into a gospel essentials lesson.
Me: We are all born and we will all die. That's part of Heavenly Father's plan. And when we die we get to go live with Heavenly Father and Jesus and prophet's like Nephi and Joseph Smith!
Kennedy: Ohhh.
M: So what happens when we die?
K: We go to His house.
M: Who's house?
K: Heavenly Father's house... and they have juice there and cups... and baby food... and Heavenly Father will come in a car to our house.
I think she's got it!


This evening I took all 3 kids out after 5pm! That is a HUGE deal at our house. I am a bedtime NAZI!!! Bedtime is 7pm no exceptions... unless you're trying to get all the paper work to the realtor to buy an amazing home. So there I was driving to Barstow to get Justin's signatures and then to Victorville to drop off the paper work (with a huge bounce in my step and smile on my face). I got gas, which I would have preferred to be free, but it wasn't. And while we're on the subject, wouldn't you know the minute we get our diesel fantastic car, diesel soars the highest EVER! I got a tip from a friend at church and was HAPPY to pay $4.95 a gallon instead of $5.15. And the tank was bone dry... that's right, 36 gallons of $4.95! But I only do it once a month and it still hurts. Maybe I'll take up road biking, in the wind, with 3 children, hmmmm...

The point of the story was while getting gas Kennedy pointed to the fast food whatever and said, "hey, I want to go to that eater!" I just thought it was funny. Laugh if you will or not, but there you have it.

3 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm going to have to do some research...Roger and I were just discussing that this is the windiest place that we've lived. We thought Utah was windy - oh no. I would say at least two days out of the week we've got a severe weather alert for "wind advisory." (like today and tomorrow) No rain or clouds, just wind.

Kennedy totally reminds me of Sierra. She was around 5 and we were eating cheesecake for someone's birthday. "I bet there will be lots of cheesecake in heaven 'cuz it's so good." "I don't know if they will or not," I replied. "Well, if they don't, I don't think I want to go there."

Piano Mom said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I love the things you post on your blog. You make me smile :) Keep it up.

Silva Family said...

Hooray for juice and cups in Heaven!! :) One of these days, we may have kids & I hope they're as cute as yours :) But then again you're both way cute, so I'm not surprised. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your house, I'm anxiously awaiting that blog...