Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Power Bill

So we signed up for the summer discount plan with Southern California Edison. That means they can turn your AC off in the event of an energy crisis while reducing your bill for participating @ the same time. We have a swamp cooler we run all the time so do I care if my AC gets turned off... no.




I got my power bill for this past month and it's $10.07!! That's right just a hair over ten dollars! I can't believe it and hope it's not some kind of freak-we-actually-read-your-meter-wrong-and-now-we're-gonna-charge-your-$2,000-next-month accident. But for now, I'm okay with my bill. Oh that all bills were so small.


7 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Swamp coolers really work the best in the desert. Do you ever notice when going to Bako how humid it is there compared to where we live? They like to think it is a dry heat but it really isn't, a swamp cooler would not work well in Bako. Way to go on saving on your enery bil!

Kami said...

we are doing that too and out power bill is $7 but we don't have a swamp cooler. We just let the house get up to 84 and then it is time to open the doors and it cools down at night. :) We just run around naked over here.

Silva Family said...

So what you're saying is, you're gonna use the money you saved to help your family in hot Fresno?! Even with my air set at 82 derees, my bill is still 10x+ more than yours!!

Underwood's in Cali said...

Holy Cow!!! that is so awesome.

Jarom said...

I think that's the first time I've ever heard anyone get excited about a bill--but I'd get excited about a bill like that too!

Hopefully it stays that low, eh?

Brandon & Megan said...

LUCKY YOU!!!

M & M said...

You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now! :p