Tuesday, January 08, 2008

...and forbid them not, to come unto me...

We now live in the Redlands temple district which is one of the most beautiful temples!! Last night we had family home evening about temples and told Kennedy we would go today. We told her inside the temple we get married, are baptized for our ancestors, recieve special blessings, but most important we learn more about the Savior. So this morning the first thing Kennedy said was, "Mommy, I want to get married in the temple today."

Here are Justin and the girls. We tag teamed our temple attendance as he waited for me for 30 minutes and then it was his turn. As we passed the torch of the children, we let them go inside to see a beautiful stained glass of the first vision and the waiting room. I felt lots of pressure to keep the kids extra quiet when the temple worker smiled and remarked, "you know what the Lord says of the children." He didn't have to say it because the words were already going through my mind... "suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven". How wonderful for children to have their own first hand experiences with the house of the Lord. I won't lie and say it was totally easy to get there and to have them with us... there was crying and screaming all the way home, but there were a few moments where we did feel the spirit. No other feeling in the world can recreate that!


Each of our children have made their first visit to the temple at around 2 months. Kennedy went to the L.A. temple at 2 months, MacKenzie went to the San Diego temple at 2 months and now Grayson has been to the Redlands temple at 2 months. Now that I say that... we travel a lot!


And here was MacKenzie's favorite part! The water! That girl would've gone swimming if we let her and if the water wasn't so cold.

4 comments:

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

What a beautiful temple Redlands is. That is so special that you got to take the little ones there to see it. How far away are you guys from Apple Valley? Danny's cousin (the one I had dated when I met Dan *hee hee*) and his family live in Apple Valley. We visit every once in a while, and would love to see you guys if you are kind of close. I know they mentioned that they go to the Redlands temple. Anyway, let us know, it would be awesome to visit y'all some time soon. :)

Unknown said...

So really, where do you live now? Probably not too far - we should have a southern california reunion. And sadly, yes, I am two years older than you. I went on the mission when I was 24. Good times. Infact, I was in the field on my 25th birthday and good old Elder Peters (I like to call him my husband now) called and said "how's it feel to be a quarter of a centuery old?" and then he hung up. Good times. But so far, I'm liking being 30.

Millers! said...

Oh, how fun, I never even thought to attempt to take the kids there, I usually think, OH, The temple nice and quiet!!!!! Grayson sure looks like he is loving the trip. LOL.. the girls are so cute by the pool.

Summer Adams said...

I've never seen that temple so I'm glad you shared the pics. Darling family, you look great, and wow- the girls are growing so fast. All 3 of them are just beautiful!