Sunday, November 11, 2007

Grayson Wood Pollock


So we changed the name a few days ago, but what's having a baby without throwing a curve ball at people once in a while. He came out at 1:49am Saturday, Novmber 10th. I had to be induced, but once they hooked me up he started coming. Guess he just needed a "jump start".


I am a HUGE fan of epidurals and anything else that gets rid of any type of pain, thus the big smile. Kathy took me into the hospital and Dad and Pennie were not far behind. Now I couldn't believe it, but my dad was there for the whole birth!!! He usually doesn't even come in the door of the hospital. He's turned over a new leaf in his new married life! That or Pennie threatened him with his life :)

Dr. Klis got to deliver Grayson. The delivery went something like this, "Ok push... ok stop!" That's as long as my pushings last, but this guy came out a true cowboy with his lasso wrapped around his neck. He was totally blue and purple, but Dr. Klis and the nurses got him breathing quickly and then the cries and the nice pink skin. What a relief to hear him cry nice and loud.

Here we are hours later. Grayson let us sleep for a good 2 hours or so and then off and on in the morning. What a good boy.

And he is sooo cute. One of these days he'll open his eyes!

8 comments:

Millers! said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats, I love him all bundled up in the blanket, he looks so comfy!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He's a handsome one. I am so glad that you both are healthy and well. I hope you get some sleep. :)

Williams Family Dirt said...

Congratulations, he is simply adorable. I love the name!

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

Congratulations! And also congratulations on surviving being overdue for so long! What a cute cowboy he is!

Underwood's in Cali said...

he's so cute!!! and worth the wait. i can't be overdue because we want that tax write off for this year. hopefully the little man is on schedule... or early.

Brittany said...

so a friend just told me that she left a comment and i didnt even think to look at my blog for comments. anyway things are good and i am now 7 months,and also having a boy. your girls are adorable! i cant believe how big they are!

Summer Adams said...

LOL, looove your epidural smile (i too am a huge fan) and you look so warm and snuggled up. Grayson is gorgeous and we are soooo happy for you guys!!!!

mid said...

https://about.me/dimdimaja