Thursday, July 19, 2007

Remembering the pioneers


Here's a cute picture of my sister Khristie and her husband Bob on their "Trek" through the wilderness. Totally thought about them while they were gone and what they were recreating out there. I don't know how far they walked, but it wasn't as far as the original pioneers who sailed across oceans and then pushed and pulled handcarts across the country all for the sake of building up Zion. I love the pioneer stories of these people barely making it to Utah, if they made it at all, and doing it just because they were asked to by the leaders of the Church. What lessons of faith we can learn from those who have gone before.

2 comments:

Summer Adams said...

Amen to that Liz! What a fun post. I did a trek 12 years ago and I can say it was one of the best times (and hardest) ever!!!

Millers! said...

hey did you ever figure out my page? if not then I wont update pictures of it, cause really I am doing it for you! hee hee